Thursday, July 31, 2014

Beautiful Places

These are some pretty pictures that didn't make it into the blog anywhere else.  Above: I camped one night beside the Turnagain Arm and the Alaskan railroad.  A shimmering evening walk.  
Below: the view from our back deck/kitchen/living room provides nightly entertainment in ever-changing combinations of sun, cloud, color, and mountains.
 Below top: Woods where a forest fire raged earlier in the summer.  Already re-growth.
Below bottom: A wide-open run in Soldotna.
Back in July, I took a wildlife cruise and a couple fellow travelers recently shared their pictures with me.  With their bigger camera, they were able to capture some wildlife that I could not:


A Horned Puffin tucked into the rock among the kittiwakes. Below: Sea Lions.
 

 One of two humpback whales that we saw.

And lastly, back in Soldotna, here's a crisp, misty morning at "work" and the beautiful sport that brought me to Alaska!:


1 comment: