Thursday, July 31, 2014

My last day

As a parting gift, my boss, Nancy, got me a flight-seeing trip on a float plane! We watched these planes touch and go dozens of times every week on our lake, shuttling fishermen to faraway waters.  The day was warm and sunny as could be.  We had a group of anglers to drop off and, since I was just along for the ride, I got to sit co-pilot, headset and all so I could talk to the pilot.
  
With his expert eyes, the pilot was able to spot wildlife from the air: two sets of brown bear sows and cubs running through the streams, two moose including a mature bull, seals that urgently flopped toward the water as we zoomed overhead.  After we dropped off our fishermen and picked up another bunch to take home, we flew close over a glacier:




 
A glacial sinkhole!







2 comments:

  1. How fascinating! I have run out of words to describe the beauty in your pictures of Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! I agree with Nancy, words seem so limited in scope where Alaska seems so unlimited in beauty.

    ReplyDelete